From ‘Ailsa Craig’ to ‘Big Daddy’, home grown Seed Pantry tomatoes are truly the biggest ‘Gardeners delight’ of the summer season. Do a little dance and make a little salsa with your fresh, home-grown goodies.
This salsa recipe is great alongside scrambled eggs, omelettes and frittatas, in tacos or as part of a summer tapas spread for outdoor dining in the summer sun!
|– 500g ripe tomatoes, diced|
– ½-1 red onion, finely diced
– 1-2 tablespoons of capers
– A teaspoon of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil
– A handful of parsley and mint, or coriander, chopped
– A pinch of sugar
– A good pinch of sea salt and black pepper
– ½-1 garlic clove, finely diced
How to do it
- Finely chop the tomatoes, red onion, garlic (if using) and combine in a large bowl.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and add 2 tablespoons of oil, season with salt and pepper and add the sugar.
- Add the chopped herbs, stalks and all, to the salsa and toss lightly.
- Serve right away or cover and set aside to allow the flavours to develop.
Try replacing the capers with 2 fresh jalapeño or green chilli peppers, deseeded and finely chopped, and substitute lemon juice for lime.
The Seed Pantry team 🌼
For a chance to win a lucky-dip addition to your next box, share your plant pictures with us on Instagram by using the hashtag #SeedPantryGrowClub or tagging @seedpantry
Subscribe to the Grow Club box for flowers, food and herb seeds ready to sow each month… Curious? Come check out all of this month’s options!