From ‘Ailsa Craig’ to ‘Big Daddy’, home-grown Seed Pantry tomatoes are truly the biggest ‘Gardeners delight’ of the summer season. Do a little dance and try out our tomato salsa recipe with your fresh, home-grown goodies.
This tomato salsa recipe is great alongside scrambled eggs, omelettes and frittatas, in tacos or as part of a summer tapas spread for outdoor dining in the summer sun!
|– 500g ripe tomatoes, diced
– ½-1 red onion, finely diced
– 1-2 tablespoons of capers
– A teaspoon of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil
– A handful of parsley and mint, or coriander, chopped
– A pinch of sugar
– A good pinch of sea salt and black pepper
– ½-1 garlic clove, finely diced
How to do it
- Finely chop the tomatoes, red onion, garlic (if using) and combine in a large bowl.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and add 2 tablespoons of oil, season with salt and pepper and add the sugar.
- Add the chopped herbs, stalks and all, to the salsa and toss lightly.
- Serve right away or cover and set aside to allow the flavours to develop.
Try replacing the capers with 2 fresh jalapeño or green chilli peppers, deseeded and finely chopped, and substitute lemon juice for lime.
Ready to grow your own? You can find more vegetable seeds on the Seed Pantry website here.
The Seed Pantry team 🌼
WIN a lucky-dip addition to your next box by sharing your plant pictures with us on Instagram. Use the hashtag #SeedPantryGrowClub or tag us @seedpantry to enter.
Subscribe to the Grow Club box for flowers, food and herb seeds ready to sow each month… Curious? Come check out all of this month’s options!