SOW – GROW – EAT
Veg growers – here’s what to do inside and outside this month!
Indoors & outdoors veg seed sowing
No outdoors sowings this month:
Sow indoors for high flavour winter greens
- Salads in window boxes /pots: mustards, lettuce, mizuna
- Micro veg in trays: basil, coriander, radish, pea shoots, sunflower shoots, mustards, lettuce
Young plants outdoors – keep them protected once any frosts arrive.
- VEG: kale, pak choi, chard
- SALAD: lettuce, rocket, spinach, chop suey greens, mustard
What to harvest and eat this month:
Harvest crops! pick what you need, so you don’t have huge amounts to cope with, enough for today’s lunch or dinner.
- VEG: Brussels sprouts, beetroot, celeriac, pumpkin, butternut squash, jerusalem artichoke, leeks, chicory, cabbage, kale, broccoli, carrots, parsnips
- SALAD: pak choi, mizuna, chard, spring onions, winter lettuce, spinach, rocket, cress, mung beans, alfalfa
- HERB: parsley, chives, garlic chives, coriander
- FRUIT: apples, pears
INDOOR VEG – salads, parsley, coriander, chillies