SOW – GROW – EAT
Veg growers – here’s what to do inside and outside this month!
Indoors & outdoors veg seed sowing
Sow outdoors for early spring crops:
- VEG: broad beans, peas
Sow indoors for high flavour winter greens
- Salads in window boxes /pots: mustards, lettuce, mizuna
- Micro veg in trays: basil, coriander, radish, pea shoots, sunflower shoots, mustards, lettuce
Young plants outdoors – keep them protected once any frosts arrive.
- VEG: kale, pak choi, chard
- SALAD: lettuce, rocket, spinach, chop suey greens, mustard
What to harvest and eat this month:
Harvest crops! pick what you need, so you don’t have huge amounts to cope with, enough for today’s lunch or dinner.
- VEG: leeks, celeriac, parsnips, pak choi, indoor chillies /peppers, chicory, squash, pumpkins & gourds, beetroot, main crop potatoes, peas/mangetout, cabbage, kale, broccoli, carrots, onions, garlic
- SALAD: chard, spring onions, radishes, lettuce, spinach, rocket, watercress, cress, mustards
- HERB: basil, parsley, chives, coriander, sage, thyme, rosemary
- Fruit: apples, pears
INDOOR VEG – salads, basil, parsley, tomatoes, chillies, peppers